EAHA rwanda is it a fake NGO

R

renixy

TEL: 020 6721428 this is our landline numbers. The Work visa is under group H. We were advised to have the medical test on the last week before travel, this is to have current Candidate medical results. We also realized that some people were using our name and different phone numbers to ask for Money. Be careful on that. The only numbers we use are: 0737016204 and 020 6721428.

Sapphire's Strike

Administrator
Staff member
@ renixy - This guest below asks this question, are you able to answer?

advise us how to go on this situation coz we have given out the money and there is no response so far. then they told us they will call us for the medical test and not yet??
Also renixy what are the names of the principals of this company please?

De Master Yoda

Emeritus
@Renixy thank you for your reply I will check it out. Meanwhile can you please answer the question in the post above.

In your website you state:
THIS NGO IS FUNDED BY:
UNITED NATIONS
WORLD BANK
CANADIAN UNION

Can you please provide details of this funding.

basenji

Administrator
Staff member
@renixy

If I contact the NGOs Coordination Board, what will they tell me about you? I'm asking, because the governmental crackdown on and delisting of about 500 NGOs in Kenya last year suggests that establishing a new NGO is a little more complicated than it perhaps used to be.

De Master Yoda

Emeritus
The Work visa is under group H.
The work PERMIT with letter H states:
Class H: A person who intends to engage, whether alone or in partnership, in a specific trade, business or profession (other than a prescribed profession) in Kenya, and who:

(a) has obtained, or is assured of obtaining, any licence, registration or other authority or permission that may be necessary for the purpose; and

(b) has in his own right and at his full and free disposition sufficient capital and other resources for the purpose, and whose engagement in that trade, business or profession will be to the benefit of Kenya.

basenji

Administrator
Staff member
I think will ask the NGOs Coordination Board. Here's an excerpt from the EAHA website:

Formed with a principle to support members to respond to the HIV & AIDS epidemic in line with the World Bank, the Canadian Union and the United Nations co-ordination mechanism for HIV & AIDS and education for all. EAHA has evolved to become a premier agency for sensitizing, mobilizing and promoting collaboration with among civil society organizations (CSOs) ,working to mitigate HIV, AIDS and other public health concerns and their impacts in Eastern Africa.
Here's something similar from KANCO, see kanco.org

Formed with a principle to support members to respond to the HIV & AIDS epidemic in line with the existing government co-ordination mechanism for HIV & AIDS and TB activities, KANCO has evolved to become a premier agency for sensitizing, mobilizing and promoting collaboration among civil society organizations (CSOs) ,working to mitigate HIV, AIDS, TB and other public health concerns and their impacts in Kenya.
Care to explain this, renixy?

basenji

Administrator
Staff member
@renixy

Here's EAHA's mission statement:

Our mission today is to save lives and create sustainable socio-economic development for vulnerable groups and needy communities in East Africa through humanitarian aid and development initiatives that alleviate poverty, improve living standards and impact positive social transformation.
Now, I don't know if you're familiar with HARDO, the Humanitarian Action for Relief and Development Organisation, but if you are, then you might also know that they ran into some problems a few years ago. No need to go into details about that now, for the moment I'd just like to draw your attention to their mission statement, quoted from hardo-ea.org

Our mission today is to save lives and create sustainable socio-economic development for vulnerable groups and needy communities in East Africa through humanitarian aid and development initiatives that alleviate poverty, improve living standards and impact positive social transformation

Oh, and halafu finally, to quote one of the puppets the XYZ show: their motto is "Empowering the needy to become self-reliant through humanitarian initiatives" while yours is just "Empowering the needy." Not exactly identical, I admit that, but still rather similar. Any connection?

De Master Yoda

Emeritus
EAHA is advertising jobs on many sites, including jobomas.com
On this site EAHA does NOT mention the various charges like they do on other sites, maybe it has something to do with the warning posted on jobomas.com that states:

Warning: unfortunately, there are some dishonest organizations who are trying to take advantage of people who are applying for a job.
We advise you not to trust people who ask you for money so you can start working (e.g for training, medical examination or any other reason). Here at Jobomas, we are working hard to avoid posting any dishonest information. Jobomas.com is not responsible for the information written by companies or users when they are posting a job offer. The information is sole responsibility of third parties. If you think a piece of information seems dishonest or that the content could be damaging, you can set up a complaint by clicking on Apply this vacancy. If you have any other questions you can get in contact with us at soporte@jobomas.com See less

basenji

Administrator
Staff member
Haggai Rabongo is not part of Enterprenuel Development Center(EDC) as stated.
I don't think that was what was stated, mate. Haggai Rabongo asked (full quote in a post by De Master Yoda above) why Harry Kibe could rent the EDC Boardroom to conduct interviews for your NGO. Now, according to your website, your address is Westlands Arcade, first floor and if I'm not mistaken, that's the same address you'll find the EDC at. They provide a number of services, like office space for rent and an internet connection to go. Are you just using their services? You have to admit that it is possible interpretation of Haggai Rabongo's question and the EDC's reply to it.

I advice that you consult more before posting,
I'm trying, mate, I'm trying. If you could be as kind as to reply to my questions, I'd be very grateful. Sort of makes consultation easier.

De Master Yoda

Emeritus
@renixy we are giving you the opportunity to answer, however you seem to have stopped or are not answering the relevant questions posted.
Here is strike 3 :

https://www.facebook.com/BrighterMondayEA/posts/864235153670193

• Haggai Rabon'goBrighterMonday.com
    July 9 at 8:35am ·
    Why do you allow conmen to post job adverts in your site whike their intention is to swindle money from the jobless? One Harry Kibe purpoting to be HR MANAGER of non existing NGO called EAST AFRICAN HUMANITARIAN ORGANISATION has been conducting illegal interviews and recruitments@ Westland Arcade EDC office first floor in westlands Nairobi after running job adverts in your site

Like Comment Share
  • BrighterMonday.comHi Haggai, thank you for writing to us. We do not condone any exploitation of our job seekers in any way. We removed all jobs from the organization you have mentioned from our site as soon as we realized that they were charging since when they were posting the adverts they had not mentioned that they would charge. We also sent a warning email to all our users who applied to these jobs alerting them of our findings.
    We continue to encourage you to be vigilant as in every genuine venture, there are always some individuals who try to jeopardize the good by trying to scam the innocent. We thank our users such as you, who are always alert and point this out at the earliest. We remain committed to serving you in the best way possible as we will ensure our quality checks remain tight in weeding out such culprits.
    Thank you Haggai and have a good day.
    Yesterday at 12:06am

M

Mind clina

This is too bad if it comes out that EAHA is fake.
I know guys who have paid the money for visa and Id, sold their house holds and even gave notice to their employers.

De Master Yoda

Emeritus
It is still being checked out. Their representative renixy appears to have decided not to answer any of the relevant questions, maybe they were getting too close to the truth for him. As a result it places the authenticity of EAHA in serious doubt.

BrighterMonday.com has pulled all their ads off the job advertising site. This does not bode well for EAHA.

At this stage it would be wise NOT to send them any money as it may be lost.

As it is a recent group it may take a little time for any complaints, if they are made to surface.

This is too bad if it comes out that EAHA is fake.
I know guys who have paid the money for visa and Id, sold their house holds and even gave notice to their employers.
Did these people send the money for the visa etc direct to EAHA or did they send to the authorities who issue them ?
Although EAHA may be asked to supply a letter to the authorities things like VISA's etc are ONLY handled by the authorities and any money paid should go direct to them.
Usually as a rule the government bodies connected to issuing these things do NOT use Western union or Money gram etc. From the government site:
Visa Fees: (Money order / Cashier's Cheque Only Payable to Embassy of The Republic of Kenya)
Another question if I may. Did the people actually receive a visa and the other documents? I am not talking about promises but did they actually receive them.

M

Mind clina

Hey, these guys paid the money direct to EAHA official (a lady) at westlands arcade, they were issued with a receipt, another guy sent via Mpesa.
They could not be issued with the said work permit until their passports were ready.

De Master Yoda

Emeritus
Thank you Mind clina. This news causes me concern.
I do not see EAHA being authorized by the Kenyan government to accept money for GOVERNMENT issued Visa's and permits etc.
Usually the money is paid direct to the authorities NOT via any one else.

So apart from a paper receipt they do not have a work permit ? If it was me I would be knocking on their door asking for a refund. And I would be contacting the Government bodies asking if the money has been sent in to them.
Contact details: http://www.immigration.go.ke/ContactUs.html

For those who have not heard about Mpesa, here is some information:
M-Pesa (M for mobile, pesa is Swahili for money) is a mobile-phone based money transfer and microfinancing service, launched in 2007 by Vodafone for Safaricom and Vodacom, the largest mobile network operators in Kenya and Tanzania.[1] It has since expanded to Afghanistan, South Africa, India and in 2014 to Eastern Europe. M-Pesa allows users to deposit, withdraw, transfer money and pay for goods and services (Lipa na M-Pesa) easily with a mobile device.

S

Sensei

Hey, these guys paid the money direct to EAHA official (a lady) at westlands arcade, they were issued with a receipt, another guy sent via Mpesa.
They could not be issued with the said work permit until their passports were ready.
I too am wondering. Could someone out there kindly speak up on this issue.

arrana

Samurai
Safari.com does track transfers and accounts. Maybe fraud victims can send a complaint to safari.com to look into it? Enough complaints and safaricom should suspend account. Mpesa users can now download a safari.com app , M-Ledger, to monitor their transactions to see who is receiving it.

F

Foreal

seems like now the organisation has been kicked out of EDC at westlands arcade and have got another office at parklands.Why????this raises more questions than answers.