Facebook or any social media sales site scam

Toughrose

I got buyers asked me to give them six code that they sent to google to verify. I really think that is scam as I never give away whatever Google sent me the code. Did anyone ever hear that? It is almost getting those crazy buyers to ask me that. Any suggestion?

toper01

Staff member
Yes, but sometimes from offerup too. Google always told us not to share your code with anyone. The buyer said they asked to give them the code. I never did give anyone the code.
Don't know of 'offerup',but Fb market place is rife with scammers.If Google say don't give the code out,then deffo don't,it's more than likely a scammer.

Toughrose

Don't know of 'offerup',but Fb market place is rife with scammers.If Google say don't give the code out,then deffo don't,it's more than likely a scammer.
I thought so too as it is easy just called me and ask me to provide a code if he or she is interested in my sales.

Toughrose

Why is buyers wanting google code. Not makeing sense. Sounds like scam.
Yes, it is scam! Lots of scams on Facebook marketplace. I do think so as Google code can verify Google account and now Google can verify by your credit card when you do online payments. I do not accept that option. Google account has now controlled by code as each time you log out and log in. Google asked you to verify by code they sent you. If your IP address is different or browser changed, they asked you too. Therefore, it made no sense a strange asked you to give them your code. Google also mentioned do not share the code to anyone. Banking also did the same regardless you online or phone call and they need to verify you by sending you a code within 10 minutes code will expired.

toper01

Staff member
Yes, it is scam! Lots of scams on Facebook marketplace. I do think so as Google code can verify Google account and now Google can verify by your credit card when you do online payments. I do not accept that option. Google account has now controlled by code as each time you log out and log in. Google asked you to verify by code they sent you. If your IP address is different or browser changed, they asked you too. Therefore, it made no sense a strange asked you to give them your code. Google also mentioned do not share the code to anyone. Banking also did the same regardless you online or phone call and they need to verify you by sending you a code within 10 minutes code will expired.
Congratulations,you've now avoided getting scammed,or worse,a wise move on your part :) Remember to share this sort of information to your friends and associates,to protect them also.Staff and members here are always available to assist you if needed,be cyber aware,be cyber safe .