Garth Mayer, Heritage Art Designs Collection

L

Liz.wells

Post moved from: http://antifraudintl.org/threads/peter-thompson-platinum-art-designs-collection.110959/#post-317927

What name did he use please?
I just got the same email but with different name he used Garth Mayer

Thank you for responding to the advert. The vacant position is a Personal Assistant job.

My name is Garth Mayer, am an Interior Designer, Decorator & Art collector with a large client base and due to my job status, I'm constantly out of the State. My former Personal Assistant just got married and moved to Canada. Your duty is to take charge of my mail pick ups and drop offs as well as errand running during your spare time outside of work. The job is flexible so you can do it wherever you are as long as there is a post office in the area. I will pay for the first week in advance to run any errands, and will also have my mail/packages forwarded to a nearby post office where you can pick them from at your convenience.

All errands will be in your city/town so it is not a must you have a car, but if you do it might be a plus. When you get my mail/packages, you will be required to mail them to where I want them mailed to. The content of the packages will be business and personal mails. All expenses and taxes will be covered by me and you are working for just 2 days per week (less than 4 hours daily). You will be doing this for 3 weeks until I get back to town so we can formally meet and discuss about the possibility of making this arrangement long term if I'm satisfied with your performance. Am willing to pay $400 weekly including gas and other expenses. That is not a bad offer is it? If you interested in this offer, please provide the following details:

Kindly provide the information or assessment and registration purpose

Full contact name :
Contact Address :
City, State and Zip code :
Contact phone :

I will be needing your service immediately, so once the information above is received, I will request your first week payment be mailed to you along with the pay to run errands for me. Kindly get back soon and have a nice a day.

Regards
Garth Mayer
Heritage Art Designs Collection

GMiles

Tampa...1-813-551-3577
Washington...1-206-855-6178

He sent check from Kentucky from the GOAD COMPANY...a plastic plant of sorts
The check...most likely copied or stolen...was under name Timothy J Carrion, DDS, PA. He is legit. I tried calling his practice, but they were gone for the day. His address is 1232 Race Road,ATE 302, Baltimore, M.D. 21237.
I saved all emails, which came from Washington, and texts, which came from Florida

Kat

Administrator
Staff member
TY. The check is mostly likely a forgery. These crooks aren't into check theft. They like to make their own.

GMiles

Unfortunately I deposited it...this character was very convincing esp. Since he found me on Care.com. Plus, he told me what to step by step rather than all at once. Still seemed legit till he told me to ship thru Walmart??? That's when I decided to research.

De Master Yoda

Emeritus
Please contact your bank immediately and inform them that you now consider the cheque to be a bad one.

You need to cover yourself, as in some parts of the USA it is an offense to be in POSSESSION of a forged instrument that can attract jail terms of up to fifteen years.

You may wish to make hard copies of the emails in case you need them for law enforcement to look at.

De Master Yoda

Emeritus
It would be a wise move to cover yourself. Contact the bank and keep a record of who you spoke to and the time etc. You should be ok but the matter does not need to become messy so a chat with your bank (Manager) is a wise move.

Please stop ALL contact with the scammer, he/she will probably keep trying to scam you for a while but will eventually leave and find someone else to scam. Thank you.

A

Anonimo123456789

Did your bank end up approving the check? he sent me the same thing and i fell for it :(. Should i notify my bank? Did you get into any trouble?

Kat

Administrator
Staff member
Absolutely contact the bank ASAP. You face potential problems because you just passed a bad check. However, you are a victim of an attempted fraud but you need to be pro-active. if your bank has 24 hours phone service, call them.