Hean Leng Tai, Malaysia Steel Works (KL), Berhad

Will Konsider

Emeritus
I've been finding many of these type of emails. It appears to be a follow-up email to an initial format which I'm sure resembles one of those posted by Lizzytish.

Hean Leng Tai <heanlengtai@yahoo.com.hk>

Attention: Harris L. Cohen, Esq

Good day to you and thank you very much for your prompt response to our email. We do appreciate your time in reviewing our request and we will do everything possible to ensure a smooth and hitch free business relationship.

We are ready to work with you to achieve our goal as the importance of your services cannot be over emphasized, while we understand the importance of retaining your services accordingly . Please let us have your retainership agreement for our review.

There have been cases in the past of clients with delinquent payments and we were incapacitated due to international legal boundaries to exert pressure on such clients or commence litigation in such cases. This normally results in very late payments from customers.

We are of the opinion that once our presence is established in your country via a legal representative, our customers will have no option but comply with payment deadlines to avoid legal action and litigation. We believe that a normal scenario will require a phone call or fax from you to our delinquent customers.

We believe that litigation should be applied as a last resort as we intend to retain our relationship with our customers after payments are made. We do not intend to resort to litigation unless all other options are exhausted, but we will like the comfort of knowing that the option is available and letting our customers know that litigation may be enforced if the option becomes necessary.

We understand the concept of running a conflict check that is why we have decided that all cases be treated on a case by case bases and all delinquent accounts dealt with in isolation. Based on this perspective, we are providing one of our delinquent customers for your conflict check and to enable you present to us your Retainer Agreement for your services. Below is one of our deliquent customers namely:

Pacific Steel Casting Co.
1333 2nd St.,
Berkeley, CA 94710
USA

Once we review your retainer agreement, we will apply the same conditions to every delinquent account presented to you. The average delinquent account is estimated at $250,000.00 (Two Hundred and Fifty Thousand Dollars) and we have about five delinquent customers in the USA.

Due to the fact that litigation might not be necessary, we assume that these cases are within your jurisdiction and regional boundaries will not be an issue for you. Upon receipt of the Retainer Agreement Document, we will have a list of delinquent accounts available for your review on a case by case basis.

Please also note that we will prefer to be billed on hourly basis. Thus, please have this in mind while you prepare the your retainership agreement for our review.

Please note here that I do not have a good spoken english skill, hence it will be very difficult speaking to me on the phone since you are an American and I am Malaysian. I usually get my email correspondence written with the help of an interpreter, here from Malaysia, whose english is also manageable.

So, please pardon my email correspondence, because of my poor written english, but at least I can communicate with you better via this medium to your understanding.

We thank you for your assistance in this business as we look forward to your prompt response.

Sincerely,
Mr. Hean Leng Tai
Malaysia Steel Works(KL),Berhad,
+60 172 867 080

Will Konsider

Emeritus
Retainership Agreement Reminder Format

And then if the attorney does not respond to the above email they have a follow-up format:

Attention: Attention: Harris L. Cohen, Esq

We contacted you, requesting for your services concerning our Deliquent Account Services there in the United States, of which you responded back to our correspondence, indicating your interest to work/represent us.

We have since responded back to you, detail you of what is required of us from your services and have also requested that you send us a Retainership agreement, so that we can review it, sign and return back to you, so as to confirm our rataining you as our representatives there in the United States, but till date, you are yet to get back to us.

Note that we do not intend to contact any other attorney firm for now, untill you indicate your inability to assist us in this regards. At this point we wait your immediate response to know if you will still be working with us, so we can proceed further, and if your know that it is not within your capacity and capability to represent, still respond back to us, so we can take our next step.

We look forward to hearing from you while thanking you for your anticipated service to our company.

Sincere
Hean Leng Tai

Miyuki

Administratrix
Staff member
@ any attorneys, lawyers, barristers or solicitors who may read this....

May I direct your attention to the thread at http://antifraudintl.org/threads/usa-scammers-step-up-efforts-against-law-firms.18727/ And quoting therefrom:
Further, I would draw your attention to "Why representative emails are fake at: http://antifraudintl.org/threads/why-representative-emails-are-fake.3631/, and quoting in part from that:
Services are available in banks precisely to facilitate international commerce. This includes things like letters of credit etc..... The various instruments that banks have developed to assist businesses are to make the transfer of funds quick and fast. A company does not need you to do this for them.
Similarly, a real company would not need you, an attorney, lawyer, barrister or solicitor to collect money for them. If they actually got themselves into a business situation like this then they don't know how to do international business. Please delete the email and do not respond to these people. They are not a real company. They are criminals.