How this supplier can scam me through PayPal???

Taher

I have received an invoice for 4 Iphones 4 16gb as detailed below. the suppliers (ELECTRONICS AND GADGETS LIMITED) has sent me invoice through PayPal.

1. how do i know whether this transaction is real or scam???
2. what if i paid the money and i have not received the goods?
3. how PayPal can protect me?
4. how PayPal will confirm the product received by buyer?
5. what if suppliers sent to PayPal a fake confirmation of sending the goods?

Pls help me to do this transaction safe......

"You've received an invoice

Dear ,

ELECTRONICS AND GADGETS LIMITED sent you an invoice for $2,080.00 USD.

Pay Invoice

Pay with

To view the details of this invoice or send ELECTRONICS AND GADGETS LIMITED your payment, you can also copy and paste this link into your web browser: https://www.paypal.com/om/cgi-bin/?cmd=_pay-inv&id=INV2-Q57Q-9CLF-Y8SF-56TJ

Summary of this invoice
Sent to
Sent from ELECTRONICS AND GADGETS LIMITED
daniels914@aol.com
Invoice number 00431
Date payment is due Jun 8, 2011
Amount $2,080.00 USD

Yours sincerely,
PayPal

Help Centre | Security Centre
Please do not reply to this email because we are not monitoring this inbox. To get in touch with us, log in to your account and click "Contact Us" at the bottom of any page.

Copyright © 2011 PayPal Inc. All rights reserved.

Consumer advisory: PayPal Pte Ltd, the Holder of the PayPal™ payment service stored value facility, does not require the approval of the Monetary Authority of Singapore. Consumers (users) are advised to read the terms and conditions carefully.

PayPal Email ID PP1557"

Thanks

Taher

thanks for your replay.

but i want to go for this transaction and i have already received an invoice in my PayPal Account.

Taher

Thanks dear for your replay,

below was PayPal response:
"Dear T. My name is Arnold from PayPal Customer Service. It was great to speak with you today. If you buy something that never arrives, or if it arrives significantly different than described, you're eligible for a full refund through PayPal Buyer Protection. You are eligible for PayPal Buyer Protection if: * You used PayPal, an eBay invoice or clicked the ‘Pay Now’ button to purchase the item.* You paid for the item with one payment (items purchased with multiple payments are not eligible for Buyer Protection).* The dispute is for tangible, physical goods that can be posted andare not prohibited by PayPal. Payments for intangibles, services, licenses, items that violate eBay's Prohibited or Restricted items policy, and other digital content are not protected. * You open a dispute in your PayPal account via the Resolution Center within 45 days of the payment. You can work with the seller in the Resolution Center to resolve the problem. If you can’t resolve the problem with the seller, you can ask us to investigate by escalating the dispute to a claim. To learn more about PayPal Buyer Protection, click ‘Legal Agreements’ atthe bottom of any PayPal page, and then click ‘PayPal User Agreement.’ I am glad to have resolved your concern today. We take pride in our service, and it is a pleasure for us to know that you are a satisfied PayPal customer. I hope you’ll tell your friends about our service. Sincerely,ArnoldPayPal, an eBay Company Copyright © 1999-2011 PayPal. All rights reserved.Consumer advisory - PayPal Pte. Ltd., the holder of PayPal's stored value facility, does not require the approval of the Monetary Authority of Singapore. Users are advised to read the terms and conditions carefully. Check out our Community Help Forums at www.paypal-community.com. You canalso follow us on Twitter to find answers, help other members, and learnmore about PayPal. Go to www.Twitter.com/askpaypal.

Taher

Thanks De Master Yoda for your replay and help.

but still this doesnt answer my question?!!!!!

supplier asking me to pay through PayPal?!!!!!
how do i know this supplier is legit? and how he can scam me through Paypal??
because i am going to pay big amount USD 2,080.

Thanks

Kat

Administrator
Staff member
@ Taher, you should assume that we don't know anything more than what you present us. We don't have a website, we don't have any contact information so there's no way to tell you if this is a real company or not. However, a "business" using an AOL free email accounts suggests a scam. If you give us something more to look at then we can tell you more about the company. PayPal is no guarantee you won't lose money somewhere in the process.

Looking at your Paypal invoice, It looks like a scam to me. First, The address on the invoice is a residential house in California. http://www.redfin.com/CA/Lancaster/44707-Rosario-Ave-93535/home/6341630.

Second, the seller is using a free email account, in this case, AOL. Scammers always use a free email account.

Third, there are a lot of scams for unlocked iPhones, and many people have been ripped off. See this thread.

Fourth, if it's a scam, the seller will tell you the order cannot be processed through Paypal because of some sort of technical glitch, and you'll be requested to send the monies through a wire service, such as Western Union. If you wire them the money, you'll lose it, receive nothing and there's nothing you can do about it.

And like Kit Kat said, even through Paypal, there's still a risk you could be taken for a ride. Sometimes it's difficult to convince them you never received anything. If you decide to complete the order through PayPal, make sure the seller gives you a parcel tracking number from the shipper. And I would demand they send the package through either FedEx or USP, not the USPS.

Personally, I would forget about this transaction, and try to find a legit operation to do you business with. You'd be a lot safer going through Ebay.

Last edited:

Ben

All good advice Taher ;) .

note: Pay Pal response will not state that their system is easy to de-fraud…
but it is easy ,very easy and without wishing to educate scammers who could read this ; web search > 'How Scammers Open a Fake Paypal Account '

I personally never use Pay Pal for transactions over £100, the possibilities of fraud are too big in favour of scammers,
also getting your money back from Pay Pal is difficult and time consuming.