Jon & Joseph Inc.

Naruto

Administrator
Staff member
It's a fake webpage http://jonjoseph.org/vacancies2.html. and a fake company.

Date: Jul 26, 2007
Subject: P O S I T I O N A V A I L A B L E IN YOUR CITY
To:

Hello,
My name is Paul Sheppard and I represent Jon & Joseph inc. I have found you resume at the Job website and would like to offer you the position available in our company. We propose good conditions and salary plus bonuses. If you are interested in our offer please, contact us via email at
Paul Sheppard <vacancy@jonjoseph.org> I'll provide you with details info concerning our vacancy. Please, do not hesitate to contact me in any questions.

Best regards,
Paul Sheppard
Staff manager J&J inc.

frazzle

Ninja
It's a check-cashing scam. Here's how it works...

They send you fraudulent (fake, altered, stolen, or whatever) checks, supposedly from customers. You cash them (or deposit them in your bank account). Possibly you might do this successfully, without the bank teller spotting the fakes and perhaps having you arrested. The bank makes the funds available to you after a few days, even though it can take up to 6 weeks for a check to fully clear. You send 90% of the value to the scammer, usually by Western Union or Moneygram or some other untraceable method. Then the bank finds that the checks were in fact fake, reverses the deposits, and you are left out of pocket. The bank might also at this point freeze all your accounts, cancel your credit cards, or have you arrested.

Even if it wasn't a scam, it would be the crime of money-laundering.

Trivers

Thanks

I just got the same email, and this is why I do not like posting my resume on line.
I could do without these scam artist in my life.

Thanks for the update and I appreciate your help with finding these illegal people.

Thanks Anti- Fraud

Miyuki

Administratrix
Staff member
Welcome Trivers. Yes the internet is a wonderful thing. It's a great tool for communication. It's too bad that stupid scammers ruin it for everyone else.

And welcome Cyber Shop. Unless they happen to be in your country there aren't many places you can report them. This is about it for now.

Last edited: