Kelvin Morgan

A

Angry finder

rental scams

This guy is still out there and yes he does go by the name of Kelvin Morgan... I didnt trust this add that I replied to on Craglist and so I did some searching and came across your article in here about it all... it is the same thing all over again...
Hello

Thanks for your interest and inquiries about my home.Yes the property is still available for rent and we are looking for a responsible person/family to occupy and maintain the property now that we are not around.Myself and wife just traveled to London United Kingdom for a programme called Empowering Youth to Fight Racism, HIV/AIDS, Poverty and Lack of Education, the programme is taking place in major countries in Europe and Africa which are UK, Spain,Germany,South Africa,Ghana.We will be away for 3 t0 5 years or more that is why I have made up my mind to put up my property for rent to whom ever that will take good care of it.Also how long do you intend to stay? How soon do you intend to move in?
Here are details of the property:

FEATURES :
Laundry
Electric Range
Electric Heat

AMENITIES:
Air Conditioning
Patio/Party Deck
Cable TV
Ceiling Fans
24 hours Internet service
Dishwasher
Firepit
Garbage Disposal
Microwave
security alarm
Pets Allowed
Refrigerator
Washer / Dryer

Rent: $750 including utilities
Security deposit:$500
Please feel free to ask any questions you do not understand and i will be looking forward to recieve your email as soon as possible.

I am not around to show the inside, you can go check out the property and the neighborhood
from the outside and get back to me if you really like it for more information.
=========== RENT APPLICATION FORM ============
PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL

Please answer these questions below if you are Interested
1)Your Full Name_________________________ ____________
2)Present Address(where you reside now) & Phone ________________________ __
3)How old are you___________________________ __
4)Are you married _ _____________________________ _____
5)How many people will be living in the apartment __ _________________________
6)Do you have a pet ____ __________________________ ___________
7)Do you have a car _______ _______________________ ____________
8)Occupation ____________ _________________
9)How long are you willing to stay _______ ____________________-
10)When do you intend to move in ___

Here is my contact phone number +447024065652
Hope to read from you as soon as possible. Thanks and GOD bless you.

Cheers!

Does this look familiar... he is still on there and is using Kelvin Morgan for the name instead... really this kind of stuff really makes me angry because there are people out there that really need a place to live and with people like this around it's no wonder people don't trust anyone these days.

A

Angry Lady

I just got hit with this guy, too.

"Thanks very much for your reply and also i can see your willingness in this rent and how is work ?Hope great!!! So as i shall be giving you my property and you can move in when you are ready,pls again take care of the property so that i might be glad when coming to visits you but not too soon,also the rent include all the utilities such as heat,cable,tv,phone,internet,washing and drying machine. I have also attached the interior pictures..

However, if you are ready to rent the property now, then that will not be a problem but i will advice you due to a responsible like you, to be able to afford the month rent and the security deposit .Also i would like to send the following document to you via the DHL to the address you send to me and the tracking number will be sent to you so that you can possible occupy my property,Pls once again,i am giving you this on trust and do not dissapoint me and i promise you that,you will love the property..Also the months rent will be send to me here in London United Kingdom through Western Union Money Transfer outelet.

So i am with the below document here with me and i will like to know whether you are ready to make the payment now so that i can arrange on how the document will get to you in the next 24 hrs after the payment confirmation.

Here are the contents of the document..
1) Entrance and the rooms Keys
2)Paper/Permanent apartment form(Containing your reference details)
3)The property documetary file.
4)Payment Receipt.

So pls get back to me as soon as you can.. I await your reply ASAP"

M

memphishead

In Oz too

I just got it too in Australia, and he is called Bobby here.

Same email, copy and paste.

If anyone mentions the word Africa! It's a scam the whois comes up with someone in Lagos Nigeria.

For interest here was my response to his email saying I have been approved (I havent heard back from him in like 2 hours and I'm starting to miss Bobby)

Hi Bobby,

That is great news. Thank you for the quick response.

Would it be possible to send the papers and payment receipt by email as my girl-friend kicked me out the house (that's why I am looking for a new place) so I won't be able to get the package there. She is currently burning all my clothes and threw the couch out the window. She is strong and I am scared of her so don't want her to know where I will be living. If we can sort out the papers and the payments you can send the keys to my work address when you're happy with the details.

I know it's a pain and I did not mean to make my girlfriend cross but these things happen I guess and she was bound to catch me watching Oprah on TV when I already admitted that I thought Oprah was a foxy lady. I hope to make a new girl friend soon and that's why I said there will be two people, it can get lonely in the a new country but because I have lots on money I am sure the women will come to me, I am not a good looking man but my expensive car really helps. Let me know if you want pictures of it with me pretending it broke down and pushing it. I like to pretend because the guy that I bought it for said it a fortnight and I think that means forever.

I was also talking to my friends at work and we would like to start a fund to donate to your charity, let me know if we can do this the charity bank details and we can start transferring donations on a monthly basis. Also its great to show other people how much better we are because we donate to charities. Especially Thomas, he cuts the lawn here at the country club we attend. He thinks he is a nice guy but he can't afford to donate and he keeps whining about how hungry he is, but I think he just wants attention.

N

Not again

Same scam just recently received

Hi,
Received the identical message and wonder why I can't see the inside of the place. Then his next reply entered into the spam filter box and the whole thing stunk like a rotten fish...this guy should be found and stuck in a shoebox for causing others grief.

Here is what he sent to me, so if you see the same, please don't fall in. I am glad I can use the internet for getting info on scams like this.

Here is the email acct. he uses: kelvin Morgan [fisch60@hotmail.com]

Text from the notorious Kelvin Morgan:

Hello

Thanks for your interest and inquiries about my home.Yes the property is still available for rent and we are looking for a responsible person/family to occupy and maintain the property now that we are not around.Myself and wife just traveled to London United Kingdom for a programme called Empowering Youth to Fight Racism, HIV/AIDS, Poverty and Lack of Education, the programme is taking place in major countries in Europe and Africa which are UK, Spain,Germany,South Africa,Ghana.We will be away for 3 t0 5 years or more that is why I have made up my mind to put up my property for rent to whom ever that will take good care of it.Also how long do you intend to stay? How soon do you intend to move in?
Here are details of the property:

FEATURES :
Laundry
Electric Range
Electric Heat

AMENITIES:
Air Conditioning
Patio/Party Deck
Cable TV
Ceiling Fans
24 hours Internet service
Dishwasher
Firepit
Garbage Disposal
Microwave
security alarm
Pets Allowed
Refrigerator
Washer / Dryer

Rent: $750 including utilities
Security deposit:$500
Please feel free to ask any questions you do not understand and i will be looking forward to recieve your
email as soon as possible.

I am not around to show the inside, you can go check out the property and the neighborhood from the outside and get back to me if you really like it for more information.
=========== RENT APPLICATION FORM ============
PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL

Please answer these questions below if you are Interested
1)Your Full Name_________________________ ____________
2)Present Address(where you reside now) & Phone ________________________ __
3)How old are you___________________________ __
4)Are you married _ _____________________________ _____
5)How many people will be living in the apartment __ _________________________
6)Do you have a pet ____ __________________________ ___________
7)Do you have a car _______ _______________________ ____________
8)Occupation ____________ _________________
9)How long are you willing to stay _______ ____________________-
10)When do you intend to move in ___

Hope to read from you as soon as possible. Thanks and GOD bless you.

Cheers!

U

unbeleivable

hamilton too!!

Same guy, but Kelvin smith this time on the hamilton mountain! I suspected fraud from the beginning, but played along with caution! Funny thing is, one of my family members knows the owners of the building he was going to try and rent to me!! BUSTED! Anyone know how I can report this and to whom?

Central Scrutinizer

Administrator
Staff member
You can report it to wherever the listing is and the host should remove it. Beyond that there's nothing you can do without a lot of boring work.

S

some people have no clue

this guy needs to be stoped he is still doing it a year later he got my hopes up to think i belive this asshole people like that need to be burned a live

J

Jamie

Scam

This guy is still going. I just replied to 2 listings and received a response back from "Terens Parker" and "John Field" for each listing and to my surprise both emails were IDENTICAL! They sited the exact details listed below except each price corresponded to the price listed in the initial ad.

Just thought I would add his other aliases to the list for others getting their hopes up for these truly too good to be true listings.

K

kingston_scam

He also goes by the name John Field.

I just came across a listing in Kingston, same exact description as others have posted, word for word.

Flagged it, but be careful out there.

S

Sucker

Ya now it's John field mother fucker got me for $500 should have known better Couse im to trusting well thank you "john field Kevin smith or Kevin morgen" for taking the trust I put into others and stomped it into the ground you cock sucker

H

Honestrenter

John Field scammer

I just emailed for this 1 bedroom apartment on Merton St., and it really did sound too good to be true., and of course it was.
He wanted me to fill out an application....not! I flagged the ad on craigslist, but there is no way of catching these people. They are out there to take advantage of the naive and innocent.

Honestrenter

P

paranoid aussie guy

dodgy guy

I just about got done! Glad there was this website with this information on it! Took me a long time to find it though.

this was the final email i got from him

Hello T,
Thanks very much for your reply and also i can see your willingness in this rent and how is work ?Hope great!!! So as i shall be giving you my property and you can move in when you are ready,pls again take care of the property so that i might be glad when coming to visits you but not too soon,also the rent include all the utilities such as heat,cable,tv,phone,internet,washing and drying machine. I have also attached the interior pictures..

However, if you are ready to rent the property now, then that will not be a problem but i will advice you due to a responsible like you, to be able to afford the month rent and the security deposit .Also i would like to send the following document to you via the DHL to the address you send to me and the tracking number will be sent to you so that you can possible occupy my property,Pls once again,i am giving you this on trust and do not dissapoint me and i promise you that,you will love the property..Also the months rent will be send to me here in London United Kingdom through Western Union Money Transfer outelet.

So i am with the below document here with me and i will like to know whether you are ready to make the payment now so that i can arrange on how the document will get to you in the next 24 hrs after the payment confirmation.

Here are the contents of the document..
1) Entrance and the rooms Keys
2)Paper/Permanent apartment form(Containing your reference details)
3)The property documetary file.
4)Payment Receipt.

So pls get back to me as soon as you can.. I await your reply ASAP

M

mg88

this guys still doing it.. exact same message, downtown toronto now under the name henry cain.

H

H11

I cannot belive some people would have the nerve to rip people off - It is terrible

I received an email after searching for a rental property on Zillow.com

The email this person is using was this one: [chelseahoffman28@yah​oo.com]

They did not give me their name. I am assuming it is a scam since it sounds like all the other emails previously posted.

Thanks for your interest and inquiries about my Property. Yes the Property isstill available for rent and we are looking for a responsible person/familyto occupy and maintain the Place now that we are not around. I own theProperty.I wanted to sell the Property before my Wife advise not to sale it. I and my wife just traveled to Africa for a program called Empowering Youthto Fight Racism, HIV/AIDS, Poverty and Lack of Education, the program istaking place in three major countries like, Spain, and South AfricaFrance,And some other West Africa Countries.And Presently we arecollaborating with the UNICEF to support UNICEF and also The reason why is so cheap is because we knew howhard the Economy is right now so we want to help people to save more moneyfor there own House.? for emergency response inHaiti.We will be away for 2 to 3 years or more that is why I have made up my mindto put up my Property for rent to whom ever that will take good care of it.Also how
long do you intend to stay? How soon do you intend to move in? FEATURES:LaundryElectric RangeElectric HeatMaster BedroomPlaygroundHas a basementParking: 2 dedicated AMENITIES:Air ConditioningPatio/Party DeckCable TVCeiling FansDishwasherFirepotGarbage DisposalMicrowaveSecurity alarmPets AllowedRefrigeratorWasher / Dryer Rent: $1000 including utilitiesSecurity deposit: $1000Please feel free to ask any questions you do not understand and I will belooking forward to receive your email as soon as possible. As I am not around to show the inside, you can go check out the Property andthe neighborhood from the outside and get back to me if you really like itfor more information. . .RENT APPLICATION FORM. Name: ______________________ City: _______ Present Address: __________
How Long? __________ Phone:_____________ Married: __________ Spouse's Name: __________ Children? __________ How Many? __________ Ages? __________When did you want to move in __________ Pets? __________ What Kind? __________ How Many? __________ YOUR EMPLOYMENT Employer: __________Employer Address: __________Supervisor: __________Bus. Phone: __________How Long on Present Job? __________Annual Income: _________ SPOUSE'S EMPLOYMENT Employer: __________Employer Address: __________Supervisor: __________Bus. Phone: __________How Long on Present Job? __________Annual Income: $_________ Hope to read from you soonThank you and remain blessed

M

Michele K

Still at it in 2012!

My friend just started looking at rentals in the Bay Area in California, and she found a property going for $1500 less than anything around.. This is the reply she received for her inquiry:

Date: Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 6:16 AM
Subject: Re: Question about the home at 281 W Latimer Ave, Campbell, CA 95008

hanks for your interest and inquiries about my Property. Yes the Property is
still available for rent and we are looking for a responsible person/family
to occupy and maintain the Place now that we are not around. I own the
Property.I wanted to sell the Property before my Wife advise not to sale it..

I and my wife just traveled to Africa for a program called Empowering Youth
to Fight Racism, HIV/AIDS, Poverty and Lack of Education, the program is
taking place in three major countries like, Spain, and South Africa
France,And some other West Africa Countries.And Presently we are
collaborating with the UNICEF to support UNICEF and also The reason why is so cheap is because we knew how hard the Economy is right now so we want to help people to save more money for there own House.? for emergency response in Haiti.

We will be away for 2 to 3 years or more that is why I have made up my mind
to put up my Property for rent to whom ever that will take good care of it.
Also how long do you intend to stay? How soon do you intend to move in?

This was posted to Zillow, which is a much more reputable site than Craigslist when it comes to filtering out scams, so BEWARE!!!

S

strikes again

In Toronto as well

Yes, he currently has a post for a Bloor West apartment in Toronto as well...Beware!!