Kenny Morgan

przemo

Hey,

I'm looking for condos/apartments in the milton, ontario area. So I am just emailing random individuals off of craigslist and kijijiji. This is an email I received from a Kenny Morgan that smells very fishy. Also, the property is located in Canada, and this guy asks for state and zip code. Here we have province and postal code. Douche. Even bigger douche for not knowing how to add first and last. Did not even think about sending him any information:

Hello ,

Sorry for the late response!!!!It is a great pleasure that you are interested in my apartment... Thanks for your email and it is my gladness hearing from you.i am Kenny Morgan ,the owner of the apartment you are making inquiry of.I am looking for responsible tenants that he/she is going to take care of the place as if it were your own and he/she will be willing to make the Property clean as we left it.Actually I resided in the apartment with my family,such as my wife and my only daughter before and presently we had packed due to my transfer from my working place and now situated in the (West Africa Nigeria)and won't be coming to the home until Five years now and that means we are renting the Property for long term and short term lease is also acceptable. and presently my apartment is still available for rent including the utilities like Heat, A/C in wall/window, Hydro, cable, Garbage Disposal, Fireplace , Fridge, stove, Dishwasher, Dryer, Breakfast Bar, Dining Table and Sofa Set,Refrigerator.,internet access e.t.c ., More so Now, i went for a Crusade in West Africa.
Pls i want you to note that,i am a kind and honest man and also i spent a lot on my property that i want to give you for rent,so i will solicit for your absolute maintenance of this apartment and want you to treat it as your own,is that taken, it is not the money the main problem but want you to keep it tidy all the time so that i will be glad to see it neat when i come for a check up.i do that once in a while...I also want you to let me have trust in you as i always stand on my word.

PROPERTY DETAILS
Bed & Bath: 2 Bedroom
Price / Rate: $ 750 Per Month
First and last month rent: $ 1400
Pets Allowed: Cats, Dogs

SO IF YOU ARE REALLY INTERESTED I WILL WANT YOU TO FILL THE RENTAL APPLICATIONS FORMS BELOW

RENT APPLICATION FORM
Also,Pls let me get this answer.
FIRST NAME:__________________
MIDDLE NAME: _________________
LAST NAME: __________________
PROFESSION: ________________
PHONE (____) __________
(CELL)PHONE (____) __________
(WORK)PHONE (____) __________
(HOME)
KIDS _____ (YES/NO),
HOW MANY ________
PRESENT ADDRESS: _____________________
CITY: _______________
STATE: ______________
ZIPCODE: ____________
HOW LONG? ___________IF RENTING
WHY ARE YOU LEAVING? IF THIS APARTMENT IS BEING GIVEN TO YOU,
HOW LONG DO YOU INTEND STAYING? ____________
WHEN DO YOU INTEND MOVING IN? ______________
IF YOU HAVE A PET,
NAME OF PET: _____________
KIND OF PETS: _____________
HABITS
DO YOU SMOKE? ______________
DO YOU DRINK? ______________
DO YOU WORK LATE NIGHT? ____
HOW SOON CAN YOU HAVE THE DEPOSIT PAYMENT SENT TO ME: _________________
HOW SOON DO YOU WANT TO RECEIVE THE KEYS AND DOCUMENTS OF THE APARTMENT:______________

Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you.Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the document and the key to you,please we are giving you all this base on trust and again i will want you to stick to your words,you know that,we do not see yet and only putting everything into Gods hand,so please do not let us down in this our property and God bless you more as you do this.

przemo

So i sent the guy back this:
Sorry Kenny,

Not that I dont believe you are an honest person. But I would have to see the property before any transactions are made, especially sending money to an individual oversea's. Unless you have a friend or acquaintance that could show me the property before hand and as soon as possible, then i could make a decision. If that is not the case, then i have no choice but to say forget about it. Let me know.

Cheers,

And this is the response:

Hello,

Regarding the viewing of the home. You can't view the inside as i told you earlier because the keys and documents are here with us.You can view the building and the location. so get back to me if your are really interested in renting my property I know how you feel, at this point in time. As it wasn't my fault, as i was suppose to lock up the property at the very time i was coming down here, and i never had any intention of renting it out. if not for my wife who advised it will be wise to lease the property, since i am always worried about the maintenance of the inside. So the tenant can always keep it clean and send me update pics and its even more of the reason why i sent you the interior pics of the property.....Also both short and long time lease is acceptable.

The person that i have that could show you the place is my brother but unfortunately he traveled to the united state last week to complete his doctorate degree program, the keys will be send to you through the Dhl Express Courier Company.

I really understand how you feel and if i happen to be in your shoe i can also think in that direction because of the rate of scam going on here and there. Is not that easy to trust someone on internet this days again. But i want you to know that there are still a lot of good people out there to trust. As for me i am trustworthy and honest man and i always stand on my words always.

I try to find an agent to be in-charge but i don't see a trusted one and i hate to see people been treated anyhow because of rent or where to stay. I am God fearing person and i can never tarnished my image because of money, i know how people work hard to get money and i also have blood running through my veins too.

Please let me know what you feel as soon as possible, so i wouldn't disappoint you, as there are also responses coming in regarding the property. And please note that is not all about sending the rent deposit or monthly rent that matters in this relationship and agreement, but your absolute maintenance and promise to keep my apartment save and clean. And also i will need you to often send me some update pics of the apartment from time to time at your own convenient time. As i am counting on you. Let me know how soon you want this done, is so important as i told you earlier. So if you are still interested you can get back to me with the complete rental application form asap.

Awaiting your mail.

Scam?

Central Scrutinizer

Administrator
Staff member
You can never "view" the apartment because the keys and the paperwork are always in Africa. In other words they don't exist because "Kenny" doesn't own the apartment but he probably wants to send you a fake check. That's how he steals money.

The Doctor

Administrator
Staff member
You would deposit the cheque at your bank, wire money to Africa, and then you are left with the fake cheque when it bounces.