Malik Brown, car sales

BluBlot

Hey! I've gotten a malik brown too!

It was a guy wanting to buy my dad's car, and he needed it, fast.
Well, he introduced himself as Malik Brown the marine engineer, but as the emails progressed more holes started to appear.
Btw, his email is malikbrown01 on both gmail and yahoo.

AND! When he texted us, there was only a name and no number, and there were 5 other guys wanting to buy them as well, also with no number.

Well, the first emails goes a little like this:

" Thanks for the prompt response and am happy to hear from you and iwill like to let you know that i have gone through the advert and amvery pleased with it,So i want to buy it for my personal use and i amat sea at the moment because i am a marine engineer ,so i might havecalled you but due to the nature of my work, phone calls making andvisiting of website are restricted but i squeezed out time to checkthis advert and send you an email regarding it because I really wantit and am ready to buy it from you.I will be paying you for it throughpaypal account because i don't have access to my bank account onlineas i don't have internet banking, but i can pay from my paypal accountbecause i have my bank account attached to it,So i will need you togive me send me the full name and email address on your paypal accountand the price so i can transfer the payments as soon as possible forit and please if you don't have paypal account yet, it is very easy toset up,just go to www.paypal.com.au and get it set up because it isvery easy and safe , after you have set it up i will only need thefull name and the e-mail address you use for registration with paypalso as to put the money through. I have a pick up agent that will comeand pick it up after i have made the payments,So kindly send me yourfull home address so that i can have it forwarded to the agent who iscoming for the pick-up and inspection and also am ready to makepayment for it immediately you e-mail me back with the informationrequested for...i look forward to your fast response...Please get backto me as soon as possible...thanks."

Then the really suss thing was that he 'forgot' to take his credit card with him, seriously, who doesn't bring their credit card when they'd probably bring their wallet!

"Thanks for the prompt response and am happy to hear from you and iwill like to let you know that i have gone through the advert and amvery pleased with it,So i want to buy it for my personal use and i amat sea at the moment because i am a marine engineer ,so i might havecalled you but due to the nature of my work, phone calls making andvisiting of website are restricted but i squeezed out time to checkthis advert and send you an email regarding it because I really wantit and am ready to buy it from you.I will be paying you for it throughpaypal account because i don't have access to my bank account onlineas i don't have internet banking, but i can pay from my paypal accountbecause i have my bank account attached to it,So i will need you togive me send me the full name and email address on your paypal accountand the price so i can transfer the payments as soon as possible forit and please if you don't have paypal account yet, it is very easy toset up,just go to www.paypal.com.au and get it set up because it isvery easy and safe , after you have set it up i will only need thefull name and the e-mail address you use for registration with paypalso as to put the money through. I have a pick up agent that will comeand pick it up after i have made the payments,So kindly send me yourfull home address so that i can have it forwarded to the agent who iscoming for the pick-up and inspection and also am ready to makepayment for it immediately you e-mail me back with the informationrequested for...i look forward to your fast response...Please get backto me as soon as possible...thanks."

Then finally:

" I just want to inform you that i have just completed the payment fewminutes ago and i hope you must have been notified in your email aboutthe payment i made through PayPal, you can check your e-E-mail ORSpam-box for confirmation of payment, I have just make the payment of$12,000.00 AUD.,i have added the said amount of $3,300.00 AUD which ipaid through my PayPal account,So please i will like you to help mewire the sum of $3,000.00 AUD to my agent in United Kingdom throughwestern union and the remaining $300.00 AUD for western union transfercharges so he can be able to come for the pick up and also PayPal saidthey won't release the funds until they get the western unioninformation from you due to the fact that i emailed them about theexcess payment i made.i will need you to help me send the $3,000.00AUD to my pick up agent Headquarters in UNITED KINGDOM where theynormally confirm any commission payment to via western union moneytransfer (this can be done from the post office,or online atwww.westernunion.com) as they usually have a western union agentthere) ,i added extra $300.00 AUD to cover the western union chargeswhich shouldn't be more than that $300.00 AUD but just to be sure iadded $300.00 AUD, Here is my pick up agent Headquarter info needed toget the money sent through western union money transfer
Luke Humble
Cumberland House,80 Scrubs Lane,
London,NW10 6RFUnited Kingdom..
Please kindly email the necessary details to PayPal :the mtcn whichyou will be given at the western union after the $3,000.00 AUD hasbeen sent as well as the sender's name and address used to send themoney through western union,so i can forward it to PayPal or betterstill you can email it to PayPal directly...... Thanks."

And finally he linked me to a fake Paypal site, so I did send all of it to spoof@paypal.com

BE CAREFUL GUYS!!!:)

BluBlot

email header

X-Message-Delivery: Vj0xLjE7dXM9MDtsPTE7YT0xO0Q9MDtTQ0w9MA==
X-Message-Status: n
X-SID-PRA: malikbrown01@gmail.com" <malikbrown01@gmail.com>
X-SID-Result: Pass
X-AUTH-Result: PASS
X-Message-Info: JGTYoYF78jG11wp4QaHFJqvfFFIVQzcLBIKxoxEwEqSrt1jliRG4XL5zrGtfaBpPkd6HYlTGgzLP/j7c97skFrny6oDu2uq9o4metOtqH9usJlmMTgprxw==
Received: from mail-vx0-f174.google.com ([209.85.220.174]) by bay0-mc3-f40.Bay0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.4675);
Tue, 5 Apr 2011 02:05:40 -0700
Received: by mail-vx0-f174.google.com with SMTP id 39so135845vxi.5
for <olsenplace-news@hotmail.com>; Tue, 05 Apr 2011 02:05:40 -0700 (PDT)
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;
d=gmail.com; s=gamma;
h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date
:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type;
bh=8UXaM5EWZUk2QdXnhde9wWQxTBduRo7BCt2LCu2W9oM=;
b=j0kHObSDQR/LSgmcAeDAO9QwGsu5zqygrhIf8TLgrWMjUIUc4OWJa0Hxlidj4ObVmX
3qtPy7QLJ8AE2qqdKNR3Etke/w1cCdWcPl2e4sllHNuyDm3CRiBlI1atA+qXeXrzYVoK
qSGOgIwS806PFLLaNbNLMXIuMS4YH4XQQuiJM=
DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws;
d=gmail.com; s=gamma;
h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to
:content-type;
b=u1xC1nQ3gH07sVp4xB3ufr4m5w9kSozIOLV9LxTeEBmfPJUjK6tGa+eQjF/JmCQPV3
vpx+3Sbn6JkeRscme0J/2OsKuUk2HUZ9ddMQ85M44RrTmLgV8zlfGtXUP2l1zsPINMXL
Ar6Vl27Nv+33lJB9jDQBYOXMHIYNjfk6hdQ8Q=
MIME-Version: 1.0
Received: by 10.52.89.82 with SMTP id bm18mr10735277vdb.99.1301994340886; Tue,
05 Apr 2011 02:05:40 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.220.183.10 with HTTP; Tue, 5 Apr 2011 02:05:40 -0700 (PDT)
In-Reply-To: <COL121-W242131F050BCE9557C6A63EDA20@phx.gbl>
References: <COL121-W219A687DD384875668747CEDA30@phx.gbl>
<BANLkTikFkWH=yEKkWK6u04PA0GQ2gWPMJw@mail.gmail.com>
<COL121-W242131F050BCE9557C6A63EDA20@phx.gbl>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 10:05:40 +0100
Message-ID: <BANLkTimW24Xu8Jpek3wYJ_uzNsakCYf0Hg@mail.gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Car inspection
From: "malikbrown01@gmail.com\"" <malikbrown01@gmail.com>
To: jack fang <olsenplace-news@hotmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Return-Path: malikbrown01@gmail.com
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 05 Apr 2011 09:05:41.0048 (UTC) FILETIME=[A338B380:01CBF370]

Okay...thanks for the information,so kindly please get back to me with
the last price you are willing to let it go...i await your fast
response so as to make the payment asap...thanks

On 4/5/11, jack fang <olsenplace-news@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Here there, my Paypal name is Jack Fang and the email is
> olsenplace-news@hotmail.com.Could you give your Paypal email to me as well
> so it could be easier as I can request for money.
> Thanks for buying my car(soon) and I will clean the car up and keep it in
> good condition for you. You can pick it up anytime you want, just arrange it
> with me first. The address is 21 Olsen Place, Broadmeadows 3047, VIC,
> AUS.Could you give me some details to I can fill the transfer form for you
> so it can be more convenient for both of us?I think I'll need your: mobile
> number( so communication can be easier later, cos my workplace does not have
> a computer), full name.I think that's about it, if I need anymore info, I'll
> email you about it.
> Thanks again.If you have any questions let me know.
>
>> Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 22:52:34 +0100
>> Subject: Re: Car inspection
>> From: malikbrown01@gmail.com
>> To: olsenplace-news@hotmail.com
>>
>> Thanks for the prompt response and am happy to hear from you and i
>> will like to let you know that i have gone through the advert and am
>> very pleased with it,So i want to buy it for my personal use and i am
>> at sea at the moment because i am a marine engineer ,so i might have
>> called you but due to the nature of my work, phone calls making and
>> visiting of website are restricted but i squeezed out time to check