There is a fake AFI going around now

Miyuki

Administratrix
Staff member
The scammers love us so much they have created a website with a domain similar to ours.

This page is not AFI (that is, it is not us).

The domain is http://www.antifraudinternational.org/ and it is currently dead. If it comes back again it WILL be killed.

This page has been reported as a money recovery scam probably originating in Benin. If anyone runs across this again, please let us know.

Ben

Looks like Daniel Brenar might have posted in that thread, the AFI domain was right in other references from page 1...
antifraudinternational.org/ could have been typed in error .

tada

The scammers love us so much they have created a website with a domain similar to ours.

This page is not AFI (that is, it is not us).

The domain is http://www.antifraudinternational.org/ and it is currently dead. If it comes back again it WILL be killed.

This page has been reported as a money recovery scam probably originating in Benin. If anyone runs across this again, please let us know.
Miyuki,

It seems the bastard responsible was doing what is called "Domain Tasting" --It is an unfortunately allowed (by ICANN) procedure where a person can register a domain, use it for a few days, and if they don't like the results, they can abandon the domain without any charge.

Scammers, spammers and phishers regularly abuse "Domain Tasting" to do all sorts of wicked things.

The good news is since you got their site shut down, the scammers abandoned the domain(s). Since the domains were abandoned, it means absolutely anyone can register them.

The even better news is, since they were available, I took the liberty of registering the following:

antifraudinternational.com
antifraudinternational.org
antifraudinternational.net

Though this was only completed minutes ago, and it will take a day or so for the DNS info to propagate around the globe, I've redirected all of the above domains here to the real AFI.

Miyuki, I hope you'll forgive me for acting quickly without seeking your permission, but the domain names were up for grabs, and the faster I got it done, the better the chances of success.

If you would like me to transfer ownership of the domains to you, just let me know.

-tada

Miyuki

Administratrix
Staff member
No that is fine, thank you. That is much quicker thinking than I can do tonight. ありがとう。