Vent your frustration about scamming here

Ivana

I don't think they think - more likely they just go in and do what the oga tells them...

I know today it took over 1/2 an hour to get a name and address from someone. To send them a WU - you'd think they'd have that written down somewhere :confused:

yullan

For Suzanne

Suzanne: you confirmed one of my suspicions: Smammer Central must be somewhere in or through CRAIG'S LIST!!! I don't know how many resumes I've sent to "prospective employers" through Craig's list. I know that during one evening I had sent as many as 35 resumes - on average at least 15 - 20 or so at one point almost each evening in August, 2007 through May of 2008. I was so desperate to find a different job.

Career Builder's and Monster.com is also a sucker recruit center for scammer spammers.

Fast forward to this present time…02 - 26 - 09, I have been bombarded with e-mail scams. I received as many as 70 in just this month (February) alone. All of them have been reported to the FBI. They are kept in a special file. Each one has its own "IC3 complaint" index number. Name a scammer, I might be able to name him/her too.

Last edited:

Ben

I'm not in the least frustrated about scamming compared to a suborn victim it rates second .
I spent literally hours proving how a Russian love scammer was working him and hours of replying to each question where doubts were still embedded deep into his mind , then continually the next post he still had doubt forgetting about everything I said and continued to ask the same questions "do they usually do this" and "is this normal for a scammer "

I never got the scammers email address from him because in his mind she still existed as a person in the photo , and due to the months he spent exchanging mail with her he sent 1400 $ but by a miracle send no more .

The outcome of the whole battle after he lied to me on three separate occasions, he was married btw and this complicated things further , I managed to leaver this idiot away from his fantasy and got him to concentrate on the facts .

It was the most frustrating thing I have ever done online and to cap it all he would not part with the email address so I could not warn others.

Ivana

That sucks Ben - I'm still new to this, so haven't had any stubborn ones yet...

An update to one that a couple people knew about -

I had a nice YIM with a lady who lost 5k the other afternoon (single mom, on unemployment, saving for school) - she showed up here on AFI to see what she could do to get her money back.

After an explanation why the money is gone, and pointing her to fraudaid she was still hoping that an imminent arrest would be made and she'd get her money back.

I tried to gently remind her the money was gone and she was just going to have to move forward -

the bank was nice enough to let her make payments towards the 3k she owed them (wiped out her 2k savings), instead of taking her to court which was their first option...

Ben

That sucks Ben - I'm still new to this, so haven't had any stubborn ones yet...

An update to one that a couple people knew about -

I had a nice YIM with a lady who lost 5k the other afternoon (single mom, on unemployment, saving for school) - she showed up here on AFI to see what she could do to get her money back.

After an explanation why the money is gone, and pointing her to fraudaid she was still hoping that an imminent arrest would be made and she'd get her money back.

I tried to gently remind her the money was gone and she was just going to have to move forward -

the bank was nice enough to let her make payments towards the 3k she owed them (wiped out her 2k savings), instead of taking her to court which was their first option...
There are similarities in scam money loss situation and we all know how it feels to be robbed . I was still angry a week later btw, I am glad to be able to post about it .

De Master Yoda

Emeritus
Scams gone quiet for Easter.

One would hope that it is slowing down because of the arrests made recently, but I think this is being too optimistic.

More than likely many scammers have gone back to their villages for Easter, to re acquaint themselves with their favorite goats.:rolleyes:

Even scammers get homesick.:D

jetison

Frustrated

My father is involved in a series of scams but does not believe it. He has already lost $55K and continues to deal with these souless promisers of big fortune. He is convinced (brain-washed) by them to the point to where he lives in a fantasy world that I can't penetrate.

Trickster

"We all hate them. We all get tired of seeing them. We all get tired of posting them, but we do it anyway because it needs to be done. But we hate scamming. None of us would be here if we didn't"

I needed to read that GG now I know why I was here to begin with...
Yes they are the lowest of lows and need to be stopped.....

Odo

Ninja
Examples.....

My father is involved in a series of scams but does not believe it. He has already lost $55K and continues to deal with these souless promisers of big fortune. He is convinced (brain-washed) by them to the point to where he lives in a fantasy world that I can't penetrate.
Send us some examples. See if you can get him to look through this site. There are THOUSANDS of examples here. If your father has lost that much, he is definately a target and needs some help. He will never see that money again.

@ Trickster "We all hate them. We all get tired of seeing them. We all get tired of posting them, but we do it anyway because it needs to be done. But we hate scamming. None of us would be here if we didn't"
You said it Trickster, ever since the aliens have invade my inbox, my life has stopped to consentrate on demoralizing the critters:mad: but then again if they hadn't invaded and dropped by, I would never have found this site and the genuine wonderful people here:)

Now I gotta get rid off them and hell bent in doing much researching & learning on how to beat them to a pulp :63:

Dick H Box

Samurai
Why?

@ Nanook That simple question has given rise to religions, politics, armies, etc. I'm afraid this forum just isn't big enough to do it justice:D

Emmanuel_E_A

Great fun reading scammers mails

:D Someone should write a comedy show about scammers ....rofl using the same words as the scammers, including the grammar and syntax errors, this is what gives me such a damned good laugh, that and the ridiculous sob stories and other such bulldust.

De Master Yoda

Emeritus
Frustrating times.

I suppose the most frustrating part is that I cannot see the faces of the scammers after we have put them in Jail.

I think it would be hilarious to see their faces when they get a tap on their shoulder and a deep voice says

"Hello dere, is'e your new neighbor my name is Big Bubba, yo is my ho!!" :D

@ DMY
I suppose the most frustrating part is that I cannot see the faces of the scammers after we have put them in Jail
& DDB
I would just be content with seeing their face when we bring them out in the open....and start slapping them!
Why not both? out they come, slap! out they come slap again, and then another for luck, and then Jail :D

luckylady5

Dell Prom0 2009

I have had so many scam e-mails I started saving them and was going to
print them out and take them to the Police station. but my computer went down and I lost them. but I have had two lately. honestly do they really think
we are stupid enough to fall for a lottery we never entered, and they use the
same numbers for each person, they are so stupid sometimes. I had one
three pages long telling me how bad they needed their money out of the
country . this last one was suppose to be from Dell. i checked the Dell
on google, nothing was ever mentioned about a lottery. so I think we are
getting smarter then they. are.
i fell for one once and lost 8000. good job my husband paid the bank. i vowed
i never would get scammed again. and the idiot said i will give you your money back if you work with me. he wanted me to scam people for him
after he scammed me. i am a lot smarter now.