Vent your frustration about scamming here

Kat

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder of they get some kind of vicarious thrill sitting in their dirty, squalid internet cafe pretending to be some government minister or international banker?

There's this article on yahoo news http://ca.shine.yahoo.com/the-world-s-friendliest-countries.html.

the first comment is
Nigeria is the friendliest! They're always sending me e-mails offering me millions of dollars!
It looks like the second comment is from a Nigerian
As a Nigerian,what you are saying is #$%$. People don't gather around to send scam e-mails(it's frowned upon in the country to engage in scam) , so pls stop spreading negative information about my country....
Apparently this guy doesn't have email or he isn't frowning hard enough on (at?) scammers. He should see my inbox.

Kat

Administrator
Staff member
so pls stop spreading negative information about my country....
People! Please stop opening your email. You will just spread negative information about Nigeria and it's all your fault.

:ROFLMAO:

Kat

Administrator
Staff member
I can't believe how hungover I feel. Where's my coffee?

I thought the Mayan calendar would catch up with the Yahoo Boyz and they would have ended by now. But my inbox is already full of spam and scam emails so that part of the world did not end.

XSS

Ninja
We are aware that these fraudsters has broken a lot of home(s), made a lot of people to lose their job, sell their properties, closed their business, put many on the street, and made a lot to even lose their life. We are very sorry.
I don't think so. I really don't think so.

Nanook

Administrator
Staff member
I guess they think that if they leave Nigeria and go to some other country and then re-use the same scam formats then people will not think they are Nigerians. They're wrong.

Kat

Administrator
Staff member
Any day now I keep thinking I'm going to get some email that says:

Hello. Am Benedict XVI. I retired as pope recently but before I did I deposited $10.5 million in a bank in Burkina Faso.....

Central Scrutinizer

Administrator
Staff member
I just had this idea that if a Nigerian scammer would just send out an email like:
I'm a poor, stupid Nigerian kid, please send me $50
then maybe he'd get more money from people who are sympathetic to him. Maybe he would make more money just telling the truth instead of lying all the time.

Miyuki

Administratrix
Staff member
Oh CS you are assuming that they can tell the truth. I think that's a very big assumption. There's no facts to support it.

Kat

Administrator
Staff member
I keep thinking that if I take a long holiday weekend I will wake up and this will all be gone. :( But it's not.... :( Scamming continues.

Stillwaters

Samurai
I guess they think that if they leave Nigeria and go to some other country and then re-use the same scam formats then people will not think they are Nigerians. They're wrong.
They are wrong Nanook. The scammer Paul Abosede is in Australia and still scamming. He doesn't mention he is Nigerian, I wonder why :rolleyes: