Vent your frustration about scamming here

Kat

Administrator
Staff member
I am now trapped in the strong hold of ISIS Domain. I am not sure if I will survive this, they are now killing from house to house every day, and i dont know when is my turn to die,
Yahoo yahoo boyz will not ignore any human tragedy to steal money. :mad:

T

Twahir Khamis

There is a very great damage of Technological development through Scammers,Spammers,Hackers...e.t.c.

G

golam arshad

Who is this guy or gal Sherry? She is defaming the established entity by faking job provider for your Company!

T

the bold yin

what is it with these scammers and constant emails?
even if I bother to reply (when I'm bored) that I'm not swallowing it ,or be abusive, they still reply back then you get the others offering millions telling you to stop paying money to scammers and you've been identified from whatever bullshit government/fbi/african bank scheme for a ridiculous amount of compensation.
in any response I've never confirmed any details or gave them any indication as to where I live (though foolishly its always assumed in an American citizen,especially when it comes to those phishing through bank/amazon/paypal/ebay scams.do they never just reach a point and think its obviously a waste of time or should I just give in and get a new email address?

De Master Yoda

Emeritus
@ the bold yin. Welcome to AFI. I have a "catcher " account that has had over a thousand emails in a one week period. So you are not alone!

Every time you answer a scam email you are confirming that your email is valid and so it can join many others and be sold to spammers and scammers.

One way is to set up a spare email account that you ONLY use for close friends and relatives and one that is NEVER used to fill out forms or polls etc. This should at lease give you some protection from the spammers.

Thank you.

These people don't ever think it is a 'waste of time' as they can send multiple messages to potential victims in the time it takes you to write one word in reply. This is why they usually start with 'Dear customer' or similar so they don't have to change the name each time

Stillwaters

Samurai
These people don't ever think it is a 'waste of time' as they can send multiple messages to potential victims in the time it takes you to write one word in reply. This is why they usually start with 'Dear customer' or similar so they don't have to change the name each time
Many of these emails are also addressed as "Dear Friend". Have had a few of these coming as messages on Facebook account. Seems to be an increased number of "military" friends wanting to be added.

S

simply me

I would think that recipients of such messages could be lawfully permitted to sue companies like Google and Microsoft...these are my thoughts...
With the technology available today, I would believe that such companies could institute measures to prevent fraud related to all employees and to the company itself. Perhaps security filters and keywords, maybe combined with government support, relative to specific company business information, could better protect patrons... "With great power comes great responsibility"...The email system should be better filtered and safeguarded from predators...Automation has become so popular, why not employ a secured option there? With that said, when do these companies begin to be held accountable for failing to successfully achieve the necessary security and/or system of prevention?

David Nwamadi

Y
Perfect, just perfect. Thanks Derby, Shields, and Ford for reinforcing every stereotype of Alabama that people have. Just shows that you can be a money mule for Nigerians no matter where you live.

I think you should count again David.

No, don't think that at all. You should hang around here longer David. We don't blame victims here.
You don't blame victims..I do. How do you feel when someone comes to you and ask you to convert someone elses money and you agree to such scheme

The same americans and every other nations of the world have their thieves and scammers....90% of people who fall to money scams are thieves themselves..Leave Nigeria out of it. Ponzi scheme started in America...you still have them around Wall Street in NYC. I worked as a scam intel officicer and I have access to so called Nigeria scam..which later turned out to be a scam from citizens of other countries.

There is nothing like lack of coporation from Nigerian Authorities. ..Mention the name of the Nigerians

Those are american thieves..they have been caught anf now they are looking for excuses.....

David Nwamadi

@David. While it is true that the vast majority of Nigerians are decent honest hard working people there are a percentage that are scammers, unfortunately they tarnish the good reputation of many others with their crimes.

If you have worked with "intelligence" then you cannot deny the facts and that unfortunately Nigeria has a bad reputation due to the dishonest scammers.

It is easy to blame others but this cannot alter the truth. Indeed many Ogas, chairmen and Guymen move to other countries and train their nationals how to scam, included in these are quite a few members of the confraternities who are also doing massive damage to their own countries.

As to the victims of these scams. again it is easy to generalize, but many of the victims are not "greedy thieves" The people who fall for these scams come from a diverse base and many think they are helping unfortunates, like those that send money to what they are conned into believing are orphans etc.

Indeed some Nigerian scammers actually scam their fellow countrymen and women into sending money to help feed the children when they are in fact sending the money to a low life scammer.

Every time a Nigerian scammer steals money by scamming he/she is doing massive damage to the good name and reputation of the vast majority of honest Nigerians who do not deserve this.
True..as it seem...majority of the scams show proofs of greed from the victims.

David Nwamadi

Unfortunately they're a lot of scammers in Nigeria. No doubt your intelligence reports indicate that.
Unfortunatley scammers are all over the world even in the United States as we post these messages. I have been scammed twice by Americans too...who came to my State pretending to be business men..I don't have to call americans scammers over some silly thieves

De Master Yoda

Emeritus
@david. First of all we are NOT calling all Nigerians scammers or thieves. Indeed we have a lot of respect for the vast majority who are hard working honest people. Many who also suffer because of the scammers.
Yes there are scammers and thieves all over the world and we expose them when we can, regardless of nationality. In the same way we assist and help victims regardless of who they are if we can. Yes we have assisted Nigerians as well.

"I have been scammed twice by Americans too" So does this mean that you too are a greedy victim?

As you are no doubt aware sadly Nigeria has a reputation for scammers. I understand that the three main sources of income there are these three in order.
1. OIL.
2.Minerals.
3.scamming.

The large number of scammers is borne out by the large number of arrests by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission. EFCC.

"Just the emphasis on Nigeria is just too loud" I can understand you wanting to help protect the reputation of Nigeria, However while Nigeria itself allows so many scammers to operate (sometimes with impunity due to graft) Their reputation will not improve.

One way would be quite easy, make sure anyone collecting money via Western union or money gram provided genuine photo ID.

Kat

Administrator
Staff member
So many of them are using hotmail and gmail now, do we need to call them "hotmail-hotmail boyz" or "gmail-gmail boyz"?