Wilson Watson, Fedex

herm73

I haven't seen this posted on other sites yet. I received an email entitled "Fedex Postal Service N_ 0277730351" from "Wilson Watson" <tene@equipomacedonia.com>. The body of the email read "Unfortunately we were not able to deliver postal package you sent on August the 1st in time
because the recipient’s address is not correct.
Please print out the invoice copy attached and collect the package at our office

Your FEDEX.com"

Attached was a zip document of 49K " Invoice_01082008.zip".

I was suspicious because 1) I haven't sent a package, 2) the grammer was poor (I read the how to recognize a scam post!), 3) FedEx doesn't use postal service, 4) the sender's email address didn't fit, 5) it should be "FedEx", not "Fedex", and 6) they did not use my name and if they were sending me personal invoice, you would think the email would be addressed to me personally. I called FedEx to see if this was an email they would send out. The person I spoke with said that she received another called just before me who had received a similar email. Obviously, I did not open the attachment and now firmly believe that the attachment contains a virus or worm. I sent a copy of the email and attachment to FedEx's abuse email (Abuse@FedEx.com). Just wanted to make some postings to let others know of this new scam.

R

Robert Howes

fedex scam

I got the same thing from a Nola Steward. I will delete it right now.

Bob (vegan)